Time Iz Money RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Iz Money RPG

78.129.175.66:7751

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying Tutorial

Go down 
+2
Eric_Wright_jr
Macabre
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Macabre
Macabre

Roleplaying Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 pm

This may help you. I hope my work will be useful.

Ok, to start i'm going to teach you some roleplaying "language"

Powergamer

A powergamer is a player who tries to force others to participate in role-playing they don't want to engage in. For instance, a player who unilaterally describes his character as doing something with (or to) another character that would usually require the other to play along, such as having a fight or a sexual encounter, is considered to be powergaming. To avoid powergame the best way is to ask other person who you RPing with, if he/she agree for such actions you wish to perform.

Powergaming is also non realistic forcing other player to RP , without giving him/her any chances for their move. As an example of powergame:
/me knocks out everyone around
/me ties XXX up so he can't go anywhere ( Without attempt, and required things to do so )
/me takes out a knife and stabs XXX (Without having knife )
/me is recording a murder ( Without video tape aka movie, or SS, which must be previously recorded rp vise )
/name off ( Without /me is taken as ooc, that means that that you've done noting ic wise to cover yourself. Thinking that you've done and forcing players to do so is powergaming.)

Metagaming

In role-playing games, metagaming is the use of out-of-character knowledge in an in-character situation. A character played by a metagamer does not act in a way that reflects the character's in-game experiences and back-story.

Munchkin

In gaming, a Munchkin is a player who plays what is intended to be a non-competitive game (usually a role-playing game) in an aggressively competitive manner. A munchkin seeks within the context of the game to amass the greatest power, score the most "kills," and grab the most loot, no matter how deleterious their actions are to role-playing, the storyline, fairness, logic, or the other players' fun. The term is used almost exclusively as a pejorative and frequently is used in reference to powergamers and to immature players in general.

Power-leveling
Power-leveling is the process of sustained, fast leveling in computer role-playing games. It is essentially the RPG equivalent of speedrunning, but many role players dislike the practice believing that, as an attempt to "beat" an RPG, it misses the point of role-playing. Also, by power-leveling high over the game developers' intended level, the challenge of the game decreases tremendously.

Driving (Most of you don't know shit about this)
-Easiest rule. Drive like you would IRL
-Keep on the RIGHT hand side of the road, this is america
-Stop at junctions and look for oncoming traffic
-Give way to oncoming traffic
-When driving don't drive off cliff's, hills, drops etc.. any kind of high fall is not acceptable, you wouldnt drive off a cliff IRL and then continue driving down the road, so don't do it here
-Do NOT ram into other people at full speed for no reason at all
-Park appropriately on the sidewalk edge/kurb NOT on the sidewalk
-Swurving across the road and knocking down lamposts is NOT acceptable nor RP, you will most likely get jailed for non-rp driving.

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES
Let yourself arrested
Roleplaying Tutorial 21ewzzp
Roleplay everything without forgeting it
Roleplaying Tutorial 653dj8
Roleplaying Tutorial Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Animate your movements
Roleplaying Tutorial 1118f45

Drive rply
Roleplaying Tutorial Sa-mp-045
Don't talk OOC in IC and viceversa
Roleplaying Tutorial Sa-mp-069
Always enjoy your gaming
Roleplaying Tutorial Sa-mp-086

AND NEVER HACK IF YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF A GOOD RPER
Back to top Go down
Eric_Wright_jr
Eric_Wright_jr

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
Evj
Evj

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:22 am

You was bored and wrote all of this? Very Happy Anywaysi think the most people now how to RP on this server. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric_Wright_jr
Eric_Wright_jr

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:23 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Macabre
Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:27 am

Evj wrote:
You was bored and wrote all of this? Very Happy Anywaysi think the most people now how to RP on this server. Smile

Trust me we know how to RP because we come from good servers, but the new members that will join in the future will maybe find this helpful.
Back to top Go down
Evj
Evj

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:27 am

@Eric:Yeah what?Dude dont Reply post with just one word because its a spam and we dont understand what you mean with one word post.
Like this one...What do you mean with this "Yeah"?
Back to top Go down
Macabre
Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 am

He agreed with what you said
Back to top Go down
Juniior
U Suck
U Suck
Juniior

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 am

Nice tutorial, some of it seems copied anyways I dont think anyone in this server needs this, if they do then they shouldnt be playing here, none rpers are for SOLS Very Happy

btw whos Adam Wattson
Back to top Go down
Macabre
Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:43 am

StretcH wrote:
Nice tutorial, some of it seems copied anyways I dont think anyone in this server needs this, if they do then they shouldnt be playing here, none rpers are for SOLS Very Happy

btw whos Adam Wattson

He said he's the leader of LSPD and i was in ECK and he wanted to test a bug and he invited me into LSPD, and there is no accept/deny system so i joined, and when i left i wasn't in ECK anymore x(
Back to top Go down
Evj
Evj

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:51 am

Adam Wattson is Redman.
Back to top Go down
Juniior
U Suck
U Suck
Juniior

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:23 am

Omar Wattson is chief of PD :S
Back to top Go down
Ayrtizle
Lead Admin/Server owner/Scripter
Lead Admin/Server owner/Scripter
Ayrtizle

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:03 am

nice topic
Back to top Go down
https://timeizmoney.darkbb.com
Cold187um
Medium
Medium

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Already knew all of that, but I recommend everyone to read this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Tutorial   Roleplaying Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Tutorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Time Iz Money RPG :: General :: Server Chat-
Jump to: